[pagelist], [subpages], [siblings] and [pagelist_ext] shortcodes
- [pagelist] - hierarchical tree of all pages on site (useful to show sitemap of the site);
- [subpages] - hierarchical tree of subpages to the current page;
- [siblings] - hierarchical tree of sibling pages to the current page;
- [pagelist_ext] - list of pages with featured image and with excerpt;
examples with aditional parameters:
[pagelist child_of="4" depth="2" exclude="6,7,8"]
[pagelist_ext child_of="4" exclude="6,7,8" image_width="50" image_height="50"]
- all Page-list params
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to show the list of posts?
To show list of posts you can use List Category Posts plugin.
On what functions shortcodes are based?
What is the difference between [pagelist], [subpages] and [siblings]?
Shortcodes [pagelist], [subpages] and [siblings] accept the same parameters. The only difference is that [subpages] and [siblings] not accept
child_of parameter, because [subpages] shows subpages to the current page and [siblings] shows subpages to the parent page.
How to create sitemap.xml?
To create sitemap.xml you can use Google XML Sitemaps plugin.
Is there "more-link" feature in the plugin?
No, there is no "more-link" feature in the plugin. Because "more-link":
- bad for SEO. Nobody will search your site with the word "more". "rel=nofollow" will not solve it too.
- bad for usability. There is already link on title and "more-link" is an extra no needed element on page. If user cannot understand that the title is the link, than there is a problem in css styles and not in plugin's templates.
What to do if you need to change the plugin's code?
When you changed the plugin's code you should also change the plugin's version to '100' (for example) to avoid updates, which could override and delete your code.
- install and activate the plugin on the Plugins page
- add shortcodes to pages:
4.2 - 2013.02.16
- fix in css styles (clearfix added to .page-list-ext)
- make default image size 150x150 like default thumbnail size
4.1 - 2013.01.27
- change the type of output the image thumbnail in [pagelist_ext] shortcode
4.0 - 2012.10.30
- remove conflict between Pagelist and Sitemap plugins
- remove preg_match_all notice
- minor changes
- fixed default [pagelist_ext] behaviour - showing all pages if there is no subpages
- executing shortcodes in [pagelist_ext strip_shortcodes="0"] in content
- fixing bug with shortcode in sidebar - shortcode in comment start to execute
- showing all pages for [pagelist_ext child_of="0"] shortcode
- remove esc_attr() from title in [pagelist_ext] shortcode
- rename "get_first_image" function to "page_list_get_first_image" for avoiding conflicts
- fixed bug with "more_tag" and non english chars
- fixed bug with empty image in "show_first_image" parameter
- added "more_tag" higher priority than "limit_content" (thanks to BobyDimitrov)
- added "show_first_image" parameter for showing first image from content if there is no featured image
- added "more_tag" parameter and more tag support
- hiding password protected content of the pages
- added "strip_shortcodes" parameter
- make excerpt link if there is no title
- fixed [pagelist_ext] "parent" parameter
- adding spaces between lines when tags are stripped in [pagelist_ext]
- escaping attributes in title in [pagelist_ext]
- fixed [pagelist_ext] with showing excerpt of the page if it is not empty, else showing content
- fixed offset parameter
- fixed number parameter
- fixed crash bug with [pagelist_ext] if theme does not have thumbnail feature
- added show_child_count parameter
- added show_meta_key parameter
- added screenshots
- improved parameter parsing
- added strip_tags parameter
- improved [pagelist_ext] shortcode: added content to list, added toggle show and limit content parameters
- added [pagelist_ext] shortcode - list of pages with featured image
- added exclude="current" parameter
- added class to ul elements by default
- added "class" option (thanks to Arvind)
- added [subpages] and [siblings] shortcodes
- initial release