AK Featured Post Widget Plugin
A widget that you can use to display posts! Watch This Video : <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWhafkO7uJQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWhafkO7uJQ</a>
Easily configure this widget to display any amount of posts (from 1 to 99) from a category into any widgetized area of your blog.
Video is more my style, so check out this video tutorial I made for the plugin
- You can create custom titles
- You can set how many posts you wish to display
- You can choose from Posts or Custom Post Types
- You can select any category
- You can choose wether or not to link the widget title to the category
- You can choose wether or not to display the post title above the featured image
- You can choose from predefined image sizes, or set custom width and height
- You can choose to align the featured image Left, Center or Right
- You can run as many instances of the widget that you want to!
Known Bugs * Fix the jQuery to work before having to save the widget
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Once I install and activate the plugin, How do I use it?
This is only a widget, so you will need to drag and drop the widget into a sidebar or other widgetized area of your blog before you can configure it to work.
I dragged the widget over, but I can't set custom post types or image size, what do I do?
You will need to "save" the plugin so that you can fully configure the widget. Wordpress is weird sometimes.
How did you make such an awesome plugin?
Lots of reading.
So you want to feature some posts on your blog, Awesome! Let's get it done!
To manually upload the plugin :
1. Download and extract the
ak-featured-post plugin from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/akfeatured-post-widget/
ak-featured-post plugin folder to your wordpress plugin directory, default is
3. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu inside of the wordpress wp-admin dashboard
4. Navigate to the widget page inside of the wordpress wp-admin dashboard, and drag and drop the widget into the desired location
5. configure the widget as you wish
6. Enjoy :)
To automatically install the plugin 1. Navigate to the 'Plugins' menu inside of the wordpress wp-admin dashboard, and select AD NEW 2. Search for AKFeatured Post Widget, and click install 3. When the plugin has been installed, Click 'Activate' 4. Navigate to the widget page inside of your wordpress wp-admin dashboard, drag and drop the widget into the desired location 5. Configure the widget as you wish 6. Enjoy :)
Fixed display bug when aligning images left and right Fixed broken link in wordpress widget
Included proper html syntax Added ordering of post by either ascending or descending
It's a secret bwahhahaha
Added optioned to show featured image Added a support link option Cleaned up code Fixed activation error
Added post count limit, Added option to link the widget title to the category Added ability to select category via a drop down menu Fixed a category display bug Cleaned up code
initial release show post title option, display featured image, set category by id, Name widget title